Our Academy Is An Establishment For Self Improvement And Personal Excellence.
We are determined to meet all of our member's needs, first and foremost, in a constructive, disciplined, friendly and safe environment. We empower our members to reach their full potential and experience an overall improved healthy lifestyle and regimen, to help maintain an excellent quality of life.
With instructor Crosley Gracie Jiu-Jitsu
Price: $ 0.00
Date: August 31, 2012
Bullying can be extremely serious. It can affect the mental well being, academic work, physical health and permanent social damage of children who are targeted. Children who are bullied are more likely than other children to have lower self-esteem; and higher rates of depression, loneliness, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts. They also are more likely to want to avoid attending school and have higher school absenteeism rates.
Recent statistics show that:
- It's estimated that nearly 30% - or 5.7 million children - are involved in bullying, as victims, perpetrators, or both.
- 14% of those who were bullied said they experienced severe (bad) reactions to the abuse.
- Each day 160,000 students miss school for fear of being bullied.
- 43% fear harassment in the bathroom at school.
- Every 7 minutes a child is bullied. Adult intervention - 4%. Peer intervention - 11%. No intervention 85%.
Since bullying is often the number one non-academic issue that most educators face, this is one of the main issues we address regularly. Scared kids will never reach their full potential as learners in school or as citizens of our communities.
We can help prevent this!
We train our children to carry themselves with honor and confidence. We teach them the tools necessary to resolve a confrontation with words and if that confrontation becomes physical, they are able to control the situation and defend themselves without hurting their attacker. This is one of the main differences in between Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and most forms of martial arts out there, the ability to beat someone without the use of a single strike. Check out a little more about our Children's Jiu-Jitsu Program here. If you'd like to set up a Trial Class for your child, click here.
Here're a few tips for those going back to school this week:
- Be yourself and remember to smile and be positive.
- Compliment people and be friendly, you're only going to attract the same.
- Remember to always project a confident and assertive attitude. Keep your head up, back straight and whoever you are talking to, look into their eyes and address them with a firm voice.
- Be aware of your surroundings and keep a peaceful face and body expressions.
And don't forget to give your new teachers a chance to show you how they can help you during the school year. Don't judge them too harshly at first, not everyone is great at first impressions. ;)
We wish everyone a great and productive school year!!
*Free uniform. $30 annual fee due at sign up. 12-month initial agreement required. Offer ends 08/31/12. New members only. Not available with any other offer.